Our Graduate Program promotes and supports an integrated approach to learning, where you build capability through a range of “formal” and “informal” learning experiences, ranging from day-to-day work activities, through to the more traditional face-to-face learning programs.
We enable graduates to gain on the job experience with rotations across different practice areas and access to a greater choice and variety of destinations – with opportunities to complete a rotation in one of our interstate or overseas offices.
Our graduates are very important to shaping the future of the firm, and we invest heavily in development to support them in fulfilling their potential:
- KWM’s market leading program is designed to have a positive impact and enhance the graduate experience. It is aligned with the firm’s strategic priorities and provides our graduates with the knowledge and skills they need for professional and personal growth to become they best they can be.
- Tailored for the graduates, the program has an emphasis on legal excellence; technical expertise; commercial skills; knowledge management; legal project management; innovation; social and self-development and client focus.
- The holistic program complements formal training and development with on-the-job learning, with the training schedule aligned to the graduates’ rotations.
- All graduates attend an intensive induction when they join the firm. In each rotation graduates attend a comprehensive practice group Induction, specific to their group. All graduates come together again throughout the rotations for a series of sessions which build on the foundations covered in Induction.
As part of the Graduate Program, we also offer Practical Legal Training (PLT) for our Australian law graduates - ensuring you meet the practical requirements for admission to legal practice. Delivered online during your first eight months as a law graduate, it’s a customised, in-house program conducted in association with the College of Law and aligned to the work you’ll do with us.
If you have an international mind-set and ambition to work across a changing global landscape, find out more about our graduate experience at #kwmgrads!
Also check out what a day in the life of a KWM solicitor is like via GradAustralia.
The Graduate Program begins early February for each centre.
Brisbane (Show dates)(Hide dates)
The Brisbane Graduate and Seasonal Clerk recruitment process is conducted in line with the QLS guidelines.
We will be recruiting all of our 2020 Graduates from our seasonal clerkship pool and Graduate offers will be made in February 2019. Feedback and assessment is gathered during the Winter and Summer clerkships. Candidates will be made offers on the basis of 2018 clerkship performance and application. No interviews will be required for those who have completed a clerkship.
Seasonal Clerk Recruitment dates for 2018 are below:
- Monday 26 Feb – Applications open
- Monday 26 March – Applications close at 9:00am
- Monday 14 May – Winter & Summer Clerk offers are made
Due to the success last year’s Seasonal Clerk recruitment campaign the firm will not go to market to recruit Graduates for 2019.
Canberra (Show dates)(Hide dates)
The majority of our Canberra graduate positions are recruited through the clerkship program. If we have any additional graduate vacancies for our graduate program, they will be advertised around March.
Melbourne (Show dates)(Hide dates)
The Melbourne graduate recruitment process is conducted in line with the LIV guidelines.
The majority of our Melbourne graduate positions are recruited through the clerkship program. If we have any additional graduate vacancies for our graduate program, they will be advertised around August.
Perth (Show dates)(Hide dates)
King & Wood Mallesons' Perth centre follows the priority offers process. Former vacation clerks and law clerks will be eligible for priority graduate offers for 2020.
- Applications open - 1 July 2019
- Applications close - 12 July 2019, 9.00am WST
- Priority offers - 26 July 2019
If you have any questions, please contact Shenae Djulbic, People and Development Advisor.
Sydney (Show dates)(Hide dates)
The majority of our Sydney graduate positions are recruited through the clerkship program.
If we have any additional graduate vacancies for our graduate program, they will be advertised around March.
Be sure to let us know if you have any additional language skills (written or oral).