What is King & Wood Mallesons looking for in our Graduates?
- Results orientation – a track record of achievement and performance in life, not just your academic career. We are looking for talented individuals who, through commitment and resilience, have demonstrated their ability to identify and achieve stretch goals.
- Intellectual curiosity - to us, intelligence is not measured by your GPA. We want deep thinkers who seek out information and diverse views to reach a practical and efficient solution to business problems.
- Client centricity – we work in our client’s worlds and partner with them to achieve their business goals. We need people who can stand in the shoes of the client and experience it from their perspective. You need to have a genuine interest in the client and understand their needs to deliver an exceptional service.
- Learning agility – the international legal landscape is changing every day. We need people who demonstrate personal flexibility and an openness to dealing with change. This includes maintaining a positive attitude and managing performance in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. You will need to think quickly, learn fast and adapt well to changing demands or circumstances.
- Broad perspective – we are growing the international law firm of the future. We seek out people with diverse perspectives who through challenger thinking help to create new insights and innovative opportunities across our global network.
- Commitment to a legal career – we recognise that it is rare for people to have 20 year careers with the same employer. We are looking for people that will have a commitment in the medium term to King & Wood Mallesons. In return we will steer you to become your best self, during your tenure at King & Wood Mallesons by identifying your key strengths and developing you into the best possible lawyer.
- Team work - we operate as one family, one firm working together and supporting each other across cultures. We want people who build relationships and rapport with others through emotional intelligence and a collaborative working style.
Applications for 2023 Training Contract has now closed.
Applications for our 2022 vacation clerkship program will open in November 2021.
Email us about current graduate vacancies
View information about a potential security incident with a technology provider